Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mo Dowd hits the nail on the head

I know this is a bit late, but I really liked Maureen Dowd's Op-Ed on Saturday. It was a nice change from her usually over-the-top, trying-to-be-cleverly-funny-without-any-coherent-thought style. She makes some excellent, excellent points, partly because she came to the same conclusions that I made just a day before I had read her article. I liked the way she describes how the Bush Administration plays the "terror card" time and time again. Whenever opinion polls dip too low or the Bush adminstration does something illegal or unethical, we hear of some attempted or thwarted terror plot that likely never existed -- the most recent being the Los Angeles "terror" plot (I rolled my eyes in complete disbelief and disgust at this so-called "terror" plot when I heard it at the gym on Thursday). My favorite excerpt from Dowd's article is:

"At the Bush White House, the mere evocation of the word 'terror' justifies breaking any law, contravening any convention, despoiling any ideal, electing any Republican and brushing off any failure to govern."

Well said, Mo! I did not know this little bit of news that Miss Maureen concludes her article with:

"A final absurd junction of dysfunction was reached on Wednesday, when Republican Party leaders awarded Tom DeLay with a seat on the Appropriations subcommittee overseeing the Justice Department, which is investigating Jack Abramoff, including his connections to Tom DeLay."

Grrrrrr.....

1 Comments:

Blogger sonia said...

I missed Dowd's article. Oops. I like her funny editorials. I want to be cool like her. But sadly, I am not really.

PS. Tom DeLay is stupid.
PPS. Tom DeLay was a bug exterminator.
PPPS. I wonder if he can be exterminated. =) (I don't really mean that... I think he should go back to Texas and never talk again)

2/15/2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home