Sunday, May 14, 2006

If you had a kid, what would you name it?

Hollywood actors and actresses give their kids such strange names.... Which do you think is the strangest:

Coco (to Courtney Cox and David Arquette)
Apple and Moses (to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin)
Roman (to Debra Messing and who is her husband?)
Rowan and Grier (to Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy)
Matilda Rose (to Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger)
Sean Preston and ? (to Miss Britney and KFed)
Maddox and Zahara and ? (to Angie and Brad)
Rumer, Tallulah and Scout (Demi and Bruce W.)
Milo (Liv Tyler and Royston Langdon)
Finn (short for Phinneaus) and Hazel (to Julia Roberts)
Ryder (to Kate Hudson)
Suri (to Tom "I am fucking crazy" Cruise and Katie "I've been brainwashed" Holmes)

My thoughts: Coco? That's what I would name my brown puppy dog. Apple and Moses? The only reason they are not going to get made fun of is because they are frickin' rich. Roman? Like the empire? What was Debra thinking? Rowan and Grier? Rowan makes me think of the roan coat that we studied in genetics and Grier makes me think of Greer Garson... Slightly pretentious sounding, but okay I guess. Matilda? Not cool, even Roald Dahl would disapprove. Sean Preston, hmm, sounds white trash-y, but maybe that's because he was born to the trashiest couple... I think Hazel and Milo are kind of cool. Phinneaus makes me think of that book that we read in high school that was set at Exeter... what's it called again? To Miss Suri Cruise, her name is going to be the least of her problems. I just don't like Rumer, Tallulah or Scout. I would never name my kid Ryder, Maddox or Zahara, but they seem to suit their parent's style well... hopefully they will suit their kid's style as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mango Kiwi said...

i forgot about Violet Affleck...

5/14/2006 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home