Tuesday, October 09, 2007

New Hampshire and surroundings!

I guess I need to write about all this travel to get it out of my system. I'm not sure if I will be able to explore what New England has to offer before the weather gets cold given that I'm pretty busy during the semester (sadly busier than I thought I would be!), but let me just write about things I'd like to do in the spring, summer and fall of 2008!

I would like to visit the "Lakes Region" of New Hampshire, where there are some 273 lakes and ponds. Apparently there is a very scenic 97-mile Lakes Region Tour and there are boat tours as well. Some of the popular lakes in the area are Lake Winnipesaukee (which might be a bit too bustling) and Squam Lake (known for being quieter). There is also Mount Sunapee State Park which has some hiking and boat tours.

Then of course there is the White Mountains. How to miss the White Mountains. Mount Washington is the highest mountain in the Northeast and apparently has breathtaking views. One can drive up to the top of Mount Washington, but I want to hike up it! It's only a 6,000 ft elevation change, very do-able! Then there is the lesser known Monadnock Region with Mount Monadnock, which I also want to climb to the top of!

It's supposedly really good to go in the fall for the foliage.

Then there is Block Island near Rhode Island and Acadia National Park in Maine which have more outdoor deliciousness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home