Sunday, October 30, 2005

Good Night, and Good Luck.

I recently saw "Good Night, and Good Luck" with my roommates. The movie is about the verbal sparring between Senator Joseph McCarthy and Edward R. Murrow, CBS journalist, in the early 1950s. I really enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it to others. I thought Murrow's lines in the movie were excellent, though I don't know if they were taken verbatim from his actual TV show. David Strathairn did an excellent job as Edward R. Murrow and I liked how McCarthy played himself via video clips from the past -- it was very natural. I liked that the film was black and white, it highlighted things such as cigarette smoke and women's nails and lips. I thought that the film would spend more time on the actual downfall of McCarthy and his behavior during the downfall -- it just showed a few clips of the Senate hearings to censure him. I admit I only have a 10th-grade history class knowledge of what actually happened during the Red Scare so I would be curious to hear what others (specifically those who lived during that time) thought of the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home